Now You Can Purchase ANY Tick Performance Elite Series Camshaft for LS3 & L99 Engines in a COMPLETE Package! Tick Performance proudly offers our Elite Series of Camshafts designed specifically for LS3 & L99 Engines! Using the latest and greatest technology available, we've put together a complete line of Camshafts that are designed to meet every goal, from mild to wild. Our Elite Series of Camshafts are all manufactured by COMP Cams or Cam Motion and are updated with a new version every time an advancement in valvetrain technology becomes available, so they're ALWAYS cutting-edge! Although we suggest measuring for piston-to-valve clearance during ANY camshaft install, every Elite Series Camshaft is designed to fit in a stock engine & stock heads with adequate clearance unless otherwise noted. These cams are designed to maximize power, reliability and valvetrain longevity. This Tick Performance Elite Series Camshaft Package for LS3 & L99 Engines includes the following:
ANY Tick Performance Elite Series Camshaft for LS3, L92, LY6, L76 and L99 (click here to view them all) Tick Performance - Your Choice Tick Performance Hardened Pushrod Set - Your Choice of Length ...and although this package includes everything you NEED to upgrade during a Camshaft install, there are a few things that we HIGHLY suggest upgrading at the same time. Since they're not required, we make them options for you to choose during checkout:
- Option Guide: Valve Spring TypeDuring checkout, you have the choice between our Tick Performance Dual Valve Spring Kit (assembled here in house). Choose #TP660DVSK and opt for the Titanium Retainers if you're trying to keep your valvetrain as light as possible. The PAC #1219 Drop-In Springs are an option only if you'll be running a towMAX Camshaft.
- Option Guide: Pushrod Length CheckerHaving the correct length pushrods in your engine is a critical factor in proper rocker arm geometry and these are the best tools to measure pushrod length. During checkout, you can add a COMP Cams Hi-Tech pushrod length checking tool that is precision crafted from steel alloy and black oxide for years of accurate measurements. Their unique designs are easy to read and eliminate the need for expensive calipers. Each complete revolution is equal to .050 inch.
- Option Guide: Pushrod LengthSince stock pushrods are 7.400" long, the 7.400" hardened chromoly pushrod set is included in our Elite Camshaft Packages by default. If you think you'll need a different length, you've got a wide variety to choose from during checkout. All lengths are the same high quality hardened chromoly, ready for years of hard abuse. These pushrods are all 5/16" diameter, .080" wall; if you'd like a different diameter or wall thickness, please place your order by phone.
- Option Guide: Timing Chain UpgradeWhile upgrading your camshaft, it's easy (and smart) to replace or upgrade your timing chain. The GM 12646386 is a stock replacement, while the Katech HME-G68V-2 C5-R chain is a premium option.
- Option Guide: Oil Pump UpgradeJust like your timing chain, it's easy (and smart) to upgrade your oil pump during a camshaft upgrade.
The GM 12586665 "LS6" Pump is a nice upgrade over the stock LS1 unit, while the Melling 10295 or 10296 will be better depending on the application. GM pickup tubes came with two different thickness O-rings. You will need to choose the O-ring appropriate for your application otherwise you will experience low oil pressure. Please see the application list below for proper fitment.
O-Ring Part Number #12584922 (Red or Green Color) Fits the Following Applications: W- Body 2006-2008 With LS V8 engine - Impala, Lacrosse, Grand Prix. Chevy/GMC Pick-Up 1999-2000 LS V8 engines with 2nd design pick-up tube. Chevy/GMC Pick-Up 2001-2008 LS V8 engines. Hummer H2 2003-2008 Hummer H3 2008 With LS V8 engine. Trailblazer 2003-2008 With LS V8 engine.
O-Ring Part Number #12557752 (Blue or Black Color) Fits the Following Applications: 1997-2008 Corvette 1998-2002 Camaro & Firebird/Trans Am (V8) 2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V 1999-2000 Chevy/GMC Pick-Up (LS V8 engines with 1st design pick-up tube that has o-ring locating groove.)
Option Guide: AFM Delete KitNone of our Tick Performance Elite Series Camshafts are designed to work with Active Fuel Management (AFM, also known as Displacement on Demand or DOD), so you'll need to order this kit to install at the same time as our camshaft unless you've already deleted this system. Installation of this kit requires the removal of both cylinder heads in addition to your camshaft install. You can view the contents of this kit here.
Option Guide: VVT Delete KitNone of our Tick Performance Elite Series Camshafts are designed to work with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), so you'll need to order this kit to install at the same time as our camshaft unless you've already deleted this system. This kit is designed to be installed in tandem with our Tick Performance AFM (DOD) Delete Kit for LS Engines while you're upgrading to an aftermarket camshaft. You can view the contents of this kit here.
Option Guide: Replacement GasketsIf you're installing your camshaft yourself, there are a few gaskets and a bolt that should be replaced. Our discounted GM Camswap Gasket & Bolt Kit includes a 12633904 GM Timing Cover Gasket, a 12585673 GM Timing Cover Seal, two 12630223 GM Water Pump Gaskets and a 12557840 GM Harmonic Balancer Bolt.
Option Guide: Valve Seal Install ToolIf you don't already have a Valve Stem Seal Install Tool in your toolbox, now is a great time to add one and our Tick Performance Billet Valve Stem Seal Installation Tool is manufactured here in NC, USA from 6061-T6 aluminum alloy. This tool makes it easy to install PTFE valve seals on any .500 or .531 in. valve guide without seal distortion or gouging!
Option Guide: Do I need the 3-Bolt Conversion Kit? In 2007, GM began installing a camshaft in select LSx engines that used one large bolt to attach the timing chain gear. All Tick Performance Elite Series Camshafts use 3 bolts to attach the timing chain gear, as the earlier LSx engines used. If your engine is a 2007 or newer (or if you're not sure which camshaft style you've got), we suggest adding the 3-Bolt Conversion Kit during checkout. This Conversion Kit includes everything that you'll need to convert your single-bolt setup over to the 3-Bolt setup (the proper timing chain gear and a set of 3 ARP camshaft bolts.) If you'd prefer to retain the single bolt style camshaft (not recommended), please place your order with us via phone.
If you're ordering a Custom Grind Camshaft, follow these instructions: 1) Click Here to Download our Custom Cam Worksheet 2) Fill it out as completely as possible (it shouldn't take more than a few minutes, no worries) and either fax it or scan and e-mail it back to us 3) You'll hear back from a member of our staff within 24 hours 4) If one of our Elite Series Camshafts isn't what we'd suggest for you, we'll provide you with a custom camshaft number (example: TPMSCC-02004) 5) Click "Buy Now" on this page, and enter the number we provide you with into your order notes during checkout